Skip to main content

My Bookish Life : Local Library Tour

       Hello everybody! I hope you all are having a good morning . Mine has just started. I got to do something yesterday for the first time in over a year! That is I actually got to go in my local library! That made me so happy because before Covid I used to go there atleast twice a week so it was strange just to suddenly not get to go in at all.

      After the first couple months of Covid, my local library did start to offer curbside service . It was better than nothing but still not the same as actually getting to go in. During the last week they have started to let people back in! You have to wear a mask and make an appointment but, it's worth the hassle to get to go inside once again. 

      I was so happy to get to go back inside yesterday I took a few pictures so I could take you all on a little tour with me. I have't really checked out the pictures yet so hopefully they all turned out awesome and are usable . Lets get this tour started!






    So, this is the adult fiction section. They have a huge selection that covers a ton of different authors. I have spent several hours reading in those chairs while waiting for art classes to start (I hope those start back up soon I miss the people). During the Christmas season they have a really beautiful tree up in this area and this is also where they usually have speakers and things during their Summer Reading Program.




On the right side of the adult fiction area, is this long row of all the newest books. This is where you would find books that have came out in the last six months or so. I usually find a lot of stuff here.



It's located in the new books section but, my library does have a little section for graphic novels. This is actually only one part of it they split it up and some actually ended up in non-fiction even though they aren't non-fiction. I have no idea why they ended up being organized like that. 



     This section here running a long the wall is the biography section. This is another section that's actually split up because they have this section running along the wall and then they have another biography section in non-fiction. They have a decent selection of biographies, I have found something about almost anybody I have wanted to read about. 




      This is the front of the non-fiction section. I have found a ton of interesting things in this section. They cover almost every subject I can think of. If you want history they have it , if you want politics it's here, if crafts are your thing this is also your section. Pretty much any non-fiction topic you can think of is at least some what covered by this section. 

     



   Located inside the non-fiction area is another one of my favorite areas of the library. The true crime section! I'm absolutely fascinated with true crime . I love this section! I have checked out several interesting books from this section.  One of my favorite true crime cases is the Zodiac killer I just think it's interesting because he was never caught and I have checked out several books about the Zodiac from this section.



Behind that glass wall there is the teen section. I have heard it's a really good selection. When the library was completely open it was pretty popular with the teens so that does seem to be true.




This last section is on the other side of the library and it's the children's section. It's actually a lot bigger than this picture makes it look. There has to be close to a million books in this section. When the library was fully open they also hosted story times and stuff for the very little kids in this area. I really miss taking my son to those too they were really fun and he enjoyed them. I hope the library opens all the way back up soon.

     They do have a basement section where they have computers for everybody to use and where they would have their books sales when it was completely open . I miss the books sales to and can't wait till they start doing those again. Those sections though are still off limits to visitors so I couldn't take pictures to show you all those sections.

In case you all are curious yes I did haul books for my kiddo and myself on my first trip back inside the library. How could I not right? I think I found some good picks!

So I'm going to show off my kiddo's book haul first. I think I picked out some really good and funny stuff that will keep his attention. 



Now to show off my haul! I was really pretty happy with it because some of these books and writers I have wanted to check out for a minute.


     That's it for this tour! Leave your thoughts in the comments! If you like my content please subscribe to my blog. That's it for now I hope you all have a nice day I will talk to you all again later.

Facebook Page for this blog:Link





 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des