Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: Stranger Back Home

 Good morning and how are you guys? I hope you all are doing good this morning.  I'm having a good day so far but , it's going to get busy. I have my coffee ready and while I have a few minutes I want to work on my blog some and write a review. So let's do this !



Title: Stranger Back Home
Author: E.L. Haines
Genre: Fantasy
pages: 276
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: One day your father is a renowned diplomat . The next day he is a terrorist .

  When Sparrow is summoned to the reading of his father's last will and testament, the most he hoped for was a minor bequest , Instead he inherited suspicion and accusations from the Empire his father helped unite.

Locked away in a vault are the secrets that will  reveal Xavier DuMont's mysterious past and shine a light on Sparrow's future. Perhaps even the future of the entire realm.

Of course these secrets want be easily obtained. Especially when everybody in this magical realm seems so racist. 

Social dynamics in this world are pretty strange . Some how Sparrow makes everything stranger.

  My thoughts on the book: I thought it was a decent read. I like Haines's sense of humor , I thought parts of it were really funny! 

I also liked the story telling and the fantasy elements. I was intrigued by the secrets in the story too which I don't want to reveal to much about because I don't want to spoil the story. I am interested in seeing where the characters go next. 

 That's another thing, I did really like the characters . My favorite was probably Thorgar . He was just a really awesome character and I hope the author does more with him in the future. .

 It was an easy read . Really the only flaw with it was how the notes work on kindle and that's not the writers fault. Overall though, I have to give it 3 stars because it was a decent fantasy story and I loved the humor! Seriously, I want more stories with Thorgar though!

  That's it for this reading update . I hope you all have a good day . I'm about to have to head in to work . I will talk to you all again later . I have started reading No Easy Day by Mark Owens and it will be the next book I review so stay tuned for that! Also, if you like my content please subscribe to my blog and if you have read this book please leave your thoughts in the comments. I will talk to you all again later!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des