Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review : The Lions of Lucerne

        Hello and how are you guys? I hope you have all been good ! I've had a pretty good day . I had to work but, it wasn't bad . Now I'm chilling at home having a few drinks and relaxing . I've done some house work and now I want to work on my blog some which I have been wanting to do for a minute I have just been busy. I really enjoyed this one so lets talk books !



Title: The Lions of Lucerne
Author: Brad Thor
Genre: Fiction/Action
Pages: 512
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis: On the snowy slopes of Utah , thirty secret service agents are viciously executed and the vacationing president of the United States gets kidnapped, seemingly by the Fatah, a lethal terrorist organization in the middle east. But Scot Harvath , the lone secret service agent to survive and ex-navy seal doesn't believe that the Fatah are responsible. 

My thoughts on the book: I liked this one . It's pretty good . This was actually Brad Thor's first book which I hadn't read before. I have read other books in the Scot Harvath series but I hadn't read this one before. 

     I would say that for a first book this one is really good but, this book is just good in general . If you like military stuff you might like this series. They are just good stories with military scenarios in general . 

    I normally don't like military stuff but, I do like this series . I think Brad Thor's writing just grabs you and pulls you in . When you read it it's easy to see it playing out like an action movie in your head . 

  While these books are fiction , I would say they are realistic fiction . They do seem like situations that could actually happen atleast to me they do anyway. That actually makes them more interesting because it makes you wonder if this is how those situations would go down in the real world. I just think that's really interesting to contemplate. 

One of the things that makes this book so good is the characters . First off Scot is an awesome character . He has an awesome sense of humor so he can be hilarious and kickass! He is also very witty and charming !

    I also like Claudia Mueller. She is one of those characters who I would say is a believable strong female character. I like it when strong females are written like how she is . 

     Overall, I really enjoyed this book ! I would recommend this to fans of military fiction or if you like action stories in general. It's a thrill ride so I have to give it 4 stars ! 

That's it for this reading update ! If you have read this book please leave your thoughts in the comments . Also if you happen to like my content please give my blog a follow. That's it for now and I hope you all have a good evening . I'm going to start reading Holy Diver which is a comic so I may have a review up as soon as tomorrow and then I'm going to finish Asylum . So I will talk to you all again soon and goodbye for now ! Talk to you all later !

If you like military fiction , this series is a really good one . I would recommend this even if you don't like military fiction because I don't normally and I like this series. A lot of people recommend this series to fans of Tom Clancy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co