Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: Fairy Tale

      Hello everybody ! How have all of you guys been ? I know it's unfortunately been a long time since I talked to you guys . My life has been crazy and some of that is what has caused some blogging delays . That plus my kiddo broke my laptop and I had to save up and get a new one. I'm hoping next year will be a better year and I'll be able to do a lot of the blog work I want to do. 

       I hope you guys are having a good holiday season . Mine has been a little crazy but hopefully it will all straighten itself out soon . Now I have some lemonade and I'm ready to talk books so lets get started with this review.  



Title: Fairy Tale
Author : Stephen King
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 608
Rating: 4 stars

    Synopses: Charlie Reade looks like a regular high school kid, great at baseball and football, a decent student. But he carries a heavy load. His mom was killed in a hit-and-run accident when he was ten, and grief drove his dad to drink. Charlie learned how to take care of himself --and his dad. Then, when Charlie is seventeen, he meets Howard Bowditch, a recluse with a big dog in a big house on top of a big hill. In the backyard is a locked shed from which strange sounds emerge, as if some creature is trying to escape. When Mr. Bowditch dies, he leaves Charlie the house, a massive amount of gold, a cassette tape telling a story that's impossible to believe, and a responsibility far to massive for a boy shoulder.

My thoughts on the book: Ok first off, I have to say I was hoping for the Stephen King that wrote the Dark Tower series and I wasn't disappointed there. This very much so is that Stephen King. For sure read this one if you are a fan of The Dark Tower series.

  Mr. King has done a really good job building a fantasy world in this book and creating very memorable characters. This book is pure fantasy with little touches of horror, but still just fantasy. He describes the world in his story so well that it's very easy to see inside your head. That's not really a surprise though Stephen King is pretty known for that kind of writing. 

   The characters were just as vivid as the world, and I liked a lot of them. All of the prisoners Charlie meets are pretty good characters, but my favorite has to be Iota. I just got really drawn towards his character. I also liked Leah. She was just very interesting. She kind of didn't have a mouth so she had to learn to do ventriloquism so she could talk. Those are just two of my favorite characters but, there are a lot of good characters in this story. 

 The only reason I gave the story 4 stars is because the pacing felt a little bit off to me. I just think it was a little rough and some of it didn't flow smoothly. Other than that though the story was really good and very imaginative. If you are a fan of fantasy, I would for sure recommend this one. 

Blog Updates: 
     I have been reading White by Bret Easton Ellis and I hope to have a review up for it soon. I only like roughly 60 more pages so it shouldn't take me forever to finish it. I also want to do my yearly top 10 book list I'm just going to have to find time. 

That's all for now and if you happen to like my content please give my blog a follow. Thanks for reading and I hope to talk to you all again soon . Goodbye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co