Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: Voice of `the Night

   Hello and how are you guys doing this morning? I just woke up and I'm having a good day so far. It's my grandma's birthday and I am going to be spending some time with her later. It's going to be a fun day!

   For right now though I want to blog and talk books with you guys! I have my coffee and I'm ready to do this! I hope you guys enjoy the review! 



Title: The Voice of The Night
Author: Dean Koontz
Genre: Horror
Pages: 339
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: No one could understand why Colin and Roy were best friends. Colin was so shy; Roy was so popular. Colin was nervous around girls; Roy was a ladies man. Colin was fascinated with Roy- and Roy was fascinated with death. Then one day Roy asked his timid friend, "You ever killed anything?" and from that moment on, the two were bound together in a terrifying game. 
  
My thoughts on the book: Ok I don't think this was one of Dean Koontz's best books. It's just kind of in the middle for me. He has written way better books than this one that's for sure. 

 So the story focuses on two boys who get caught in a cat and mouse type of game. That's kind of it that's the story nothing more really. It's a pretty straight forward story. 

   It was an easy read I'll give it that and it was easy to picture it all in my mind. That being said I just think it could have been more creative or something. Going by the title I guess I was expecting something more paranormal than what this book is. 

    That being said the character development in this book is pretty decent. As you read you see more and more of Roy's craziness and having to deal with that changes Colin a good bit. I did like that part.

So with all of that being said I'm giving the book 3 stars. It was just a middle of the road kind of book for me. It wasn't a horrible read but there have been better books than this one. If you like Dean Koontz go ahead and check it out though!

Reading Update #1
So I have been needing to clean off my bookshelves a bit to make room for new books. That's actually why I have been trying so hard to read books I already have on my shelf. I've been doing that and I decided that I would box up and donate the books I didn't want to keep. 

One of the parks where I live has a little free library and that thing is always empty. I decided that's where I would take the books I didn't particularly care about keeping. We had a sunny day here recently so that's exactly what I did!









Reading Update #2:
Something I really look forward to every year is the summer reading program our library has! It's always so much fun to participate in. My kiddo and I do it every year. It has officially started this year and I have signed both myself and my kiddo up already.

The theme for this year is All Together Now. I think that is going to be an interesting theme and we are going to try to read books with that theme.





  The summer reading program is really really fun. They do all kinds of activities. For the kids they do things like bring in magicians and animals and things like that. Then for the adults they do crafts and other things. 

There is also prizes for people who complete the summer reading programing. They always vary every year and I don't think it's the same for every library.  For the kids they give away toys and gift cards and things like that. Then this year for the adults my libraries grand prize is an acoustic Ibanez guitar which I think is really cool!

So go check out your libraries summer reading program. It's completely free to join and chances are you will have tons of fun! Happy reading!

That's it for this reading update! If you have read Voice of The Night please leave your thoughts in the comments. Also, if you happen to like my content please give my blog a like and a follow. That's it for now I hope you enjoyed reading this. Have a good Memorial Day tomorrow and goodbye for now!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co