Skip to main content

My Bookish Life: Spooky season TBR!

      Hello and how are you guys! I hope you have all been really good! I have been really good but, also really busy! I know I haven't been posting on here much and I wish I could post on here more often. Maybe it will happen when my crazy life slows down! 

    I am getting in the spooky season mood and because of that I put together a super spooky TBR for the next two months! I have gotten most of these off my own home library shelf so it also counts as me reading from my backlist! I think I have a pretty good mix of books on here and I can't wait to talk about it with all of you!




1. The Nightmare Before Christmas: The Battle For Pumpkin King

   I saw this comic at the store recently and just had to get it! It's one of only two new buys in this TBR. I confess I have already read this one, I just haven't had time to get the review up! I will hopefully have the review up in a day or two.



2. Demon Copperhead 

  This is my library book clubs pick for the month of October! I have started reading it but I still have a good ways to go before I finish it because it's a huge book! It's an ok read so far though!



3. The Last Patriot

   This is the 7th book in the Scot Harvath series! While this book isn't scary in the paranormal way it is a thriller so I think I can still put it in a spooky season TBR! Plus, some of the terrorist things that are in this series are really scary like I said just not in the paranormal way. Besides that I just want to keep reading this series anyway!



4. The Final Girls Support Group

     I have been really looking forward to reading this one! I always hear really good things about it! Plus, Grady Hendrix is one of my new favorite horror writers and I want to read everything he has wrote! 




5. Bad Company

So this one is also me expanding the boundaries on my spooky season TBR. This is a non-fiction true
crime book about a murder. I have been wanting to read more true crime for a bit so I'm looking forward to reading this one! 



5. Dracula

   This is a classic horror story and believe it or not I haven't read it! I really want to read it because I like vampires. This is another one I'm really looking forward to reading because I should have already read it!



Just After Sunset

 Of course I will be closing spooky season by reading my favorite author, Stephen King! If I am thinking correctly, this is a short story collection that he has written. I have had it for awhile I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I really like Stephen King's books so I'm looking forward to reading this one too!

So this is my spooky season TBR for the months of October and November! I think it's going to be a really good one! If you have read any of these books please leave your thoughts in the comments! Also if you happen to like my content, please give my blog a like and a follow! That's it for now! Goodbye!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Reviews and Reading Updates

        Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good afternoon. I have had a pretty calm Sunday myself! We all stayed at home which was peaceful!     So I have a few reading updates for you guys and more than one book review this time! I hope you guys enjoy reading this article because it is going to be a pretty long one. With that being said, let's get started! Title: The Nightmare Before Christmas : The Battle For Pumpkin King Author: Dan Conner Genre: Manga Pages: 128 Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Years ago, Jack and Oogie Boogie were close friends. Both eager to prove themselves, they poured all of their passion into their fantastical projects to earn their rightful place as the scariest duo in town! But there could only be one Pumpkin King! What could have turned to such great friends into bitter rivals? My thoughts on the book: This book was ok . It's illustrations are really good and the story is decent. It was nice to be reading a manga again because it'