Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: Deception Point

             Hello everybody! How are you all doing ? I hope you all are having a good morning. Mine is about to be pretty hectic I think. I have a lot I have to do today. With that being said lets get this review knocked out shall we. 



Title: Deception Point
Author: Dan Brown
Genre: Thriller
Pages :  558
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis: A shocking scientific discovery.
A conspiracy of staggering brilliance.
A thriller unlike any you have ever read...

                             When a NASA satellite discovers an astonishingly rare object buried deep in the Artic ice, the floundering space agency proclaims a much needed victory-a victory with profound  implications for NASA policy and the impending presidential election .To verify the authenticity of the find , the White House calls upon the skills of intelligence analysist Rachel Sexton. Accompanied by a team of experts , including the charismatic scholar Michael Tolland, Rachel travels to the Artic and uncovers the unthinkable: evidence of scientific trickery- a bold deception that threatens to plunge the world into controversy . But before she can warn the President, Rachel and Michael are ambushed by a deadly team of assassins . Fleeing for their lives across a desolate and lethal landscape, their only hope for survival is to find out who is behind this masterful plot. The truth, they will learn, is the most shocking deception of all. 

                     My thoughts on the book : I liked it . I like most Dan Brown books though because I like mystery thriller types and that's something he is really good at writing.  This one was particularly interesting though because it makes you wonder if our government could actually pull off a deception of this caliber and what would happen because of that. 

                      I guess it's partially because we are going through an election year ourselves but, I found the politics in this story particularly interesting too.  It's just that I could picture some of our politicians actually doing those types of things to each other. Plus, some of the political stuff comes to a rather funny end.

                 I liked the characters in this book. I found them to be rather believable . Most of them can be rather charming. If this book were to get made into a movie soon I think Robert Downey Jr. would be good at playing either Michael Tolland or Senator Sedgewick Sexton. I also really liked Rachel Sexton as a female character. She is a believable strong female character. 

               For all of those reasons, I'm giving the book 4 stars! It was thrilling and I had a really fun time reading it. I wish Dan Brown would release another book very soon (I know he has a children's book that came out recently but I mean an adult book). I can't wait for when he finally does. 

                     That's it for this update. I have started reading Satori and Pic in Paris by Jack Kerouac. I don't think it will take me long to finish so that review will probably be up soon.  If you have read this book please leave your thoughts in the comments (no spoilers please) . Also, if you happen to like my content please give my blog a follow. That's it for now I will talk to you all again soon !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des