Skip to main content

My Bookish Life: February TBR

        Hello and how are you all doing? I hope you all are doing good. I know it's been a minute since I talked to you guys but, my life has been a little crazy recently. It's getting better though!

        I wanted to take this afternoon to talk about my February TBR which I have already started reading.  So, I have been watching Pam & Tommy on Hulu which is a miniseries about Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee. Watching that has put me in the mood for Rock N Roll stories which explaines the TBR I have picked out for this month. 

1. Title : Nothin But A Good Time : The Uncensored History of the 80s' Hard Rock Explosion 
Authors: Tom Beaujor and Richard Bienstock 
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 528

        I have already started reading this book. I have been wanting to read it for a few months now and so far it has been pretty good and not disappointing at all. I already knew some of the stories that have been mentioned but, there have been some stories told that I didn't know so it's been pretty interesting.

2. Title: The First 21: How I Became Nikki Sixx
Author : Nikki Sixx
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 224

This book is pretty new and I have been wanting to read it since it came out . I have read all of Nikki's other books and I really liked those so hopefully this one will be just as good as those! I have to say I really like the cover on this one it looks really cool!

3. Title: Tommyland 
Author: Tommy Lee with Anthony Bozza
Genre: Non-fiction 
Pages: 269

  Ok so this will actually be a reread for me. This book is just really fun and high energy. Tommy Lee did a very good job at writing it.

4. Title : Mustaine : A Heavy Metal Memoir 
Author: Dave Mustaine with Joe Layden
Genre: Non-fiction 
Pages: 346

This is another one I have been wanting to read for awhile. If you don't know who Dave Mustaine is he is the vocalist for the band Megadeth. I have watched a lot of documentaries about Megadeth and I just think his book could be really interesting. 

That's it for this reading update. If you have read any of these books please leave your thoughts in the comments! Also, if you happen to like my content please give my blog a follow. If you would like to recommend me some more rock stories please leave them in the comments and most likely I will check them out because I love rock stories! That's it for now I will talk to you all later ! Goodbye!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co