Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: State of The Union by Brad Thor

                Hello and how are you guys doing? I hope you have had a good weekend. Mine has been pretty good so far. Kiddo went to spend the night with his grandma yesterday, so my husband and I had some fun last night. We ended up having a few drinks and watching the movie Grease. It was a pretty fun night!

     Now I want to do some of the blog work I have been needing to do so, I want to get this review up before we go pick up Dorian. I hope you all like the review because I really enjoyed the book. So, let's start this discussion! 



Title: State of The Union
Author: Brad Thor
Genre: Action/Thriller
Pages: 532
Rating: 5 stars!

Synopsis: With the fragile peace between the world's nations shattered, Harvath must unravel a brilliantly orchestrated, fiendishly timed conspiracy intent upon bringing the United States to its knees.
Teamed with beautiful Russian intelligence agent Alexandra Ivanova and a highly trained CIA paramilitary detachment, Harvath races from the corridors of power in Washington D.C., to the streets of Berlin, to the coast of Finland, and into the heart of Mother Russia herself before returning home for a final showdown with an enemy from America's past more sinister and deadly than has ever been seen before.

My thoughts on the book: Once again I find myself really loving a book from the Scot Harvath series. I loved the pacing and the story in general. This is the third book in the series and it for sure doesn't disappoint!

 So, the Russia finds a way to plant an attack on America and essentially take America hostage. Our lead character, Scot Harvath has to find a way to unravel the attack and stop it from being successful. If he can't then there would be dire consequences.

   One of the things I loved about this book was the tension. The story is set at a pace that keeps up the tension the whole time which was really fun! It made it to where there never really was a calm in the story.

I also liked that there was some character development in this book. We got to find out more about the character Gary Lawlor and his past was really interesting! Seems like he essentially turned some Russians into spies for America during the Cold War. So, for certain story reasons you hear about that part of his past and it's a pretty interesting read!

   In this book we also find out more about what keeps Scot Harvath I guess you would say determined and why he keeps doing the job he has. Sure, he got into the Navy because of stuff with his dad but, that isn't why he has kept going though. I really liked reading that part because I thought it humanized his character a bit. 

     So overall, I would highly recommend this book. I absolutely loved it. If you are a fan of authors like Tom Clancy you should check out Brad Thor! I'm giving this book 5 stars! It was very enjoyable and hard to put down. I absolutely loved it!

Ultimate Reading Challenge Update:
I have completed to more of the prompts, so I want to show you what my gifts were for doing them! 






  The first prompt I completed was participate in a book club. My local library just started hosting a book club and we had our first meeting last Thursday. It was actually pretty successful because we had about 20 people show up. I'm pretty happy about that because I have wanted to be in a book club for forever. I'm looking forward to future meetings because it sounds like they are going to be really fun!



My prize for completing the book club prompt was this cute little notebook type thing. I don't really lend my books out to people but, I do think it's cute. Also, if I ever did lend a book out I would use it for sure. 



The second prompt I completed was listen to a reading themed podcast. For this I decided to listen to the podcast Dedicated hosted by Doug Brunt. He had Brad Thor on for an episode and I had been wanting to listen to it for a week now. It was a really good episode!



For completing that prompt I got this cute little pin. I think it's adorable! I have stuck it on to my purse and I think it looks really good.

That's it for this post! I will be back soon with a review of Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz. If you have read State of The Union by Brad Thor please leave your thoughts in the comments. Also, if you happen to like my content please give my blog a like and a follow. That's it for now I will talk to you all again soon. Have a good day and goodbye for now!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co