Skip to main content

My Bookish Life: March TBR

     



 
   Hello guys! How have you all been? I hope you have been doing good. I've been kind of stressed but I'm chilling out today. I'm actually setting outside while I make this blog because it's so sunny and it feels good. Plus, it's so peaceful! 

   So for the record, I have decided not to even review the last book that I read in February. It was Conspiracy: The World's Greatest Collusions and Cover Ups by Mike Rothschild. It was a 1 star read I hated it! Alot of it was the exact same stuff that was in the World's Worst Conspiracies by the same author. That's why I gave it a 1 star! I'm just done with it and I have moved on to March's TBR and my March reading plans! So yeah that's why there really wasn't a review of that one! 

     Now let's discuss this month's reading plans! First off, I am starting a reading challenge. It's called the Clear Your Back Log Challenge and mine is going to go for 90 days. During those 90 days I have to try not to buy new books and just mainly read from the unread books on my bookshelf. Also, if I read a book and I for sure don't like it I'm donating said book because part of the reason I'm doing this is to clear out some of my shelves and make space for new books. Speaking of challenges, I'm also going to be knocking out several of the prompts from The Ultimate Reading Challenge I started in January this month. 



My local library is trying to start a book club and the first meeting is going to be March 9th! I'm going to be going to it and I'm just so excited because I have really wanted to join a book club. They sound like so much fun!



  Since I'm starting my backlog challenge this month that will also knock out this prompt! I've already started reading the book I'm going to use for it! So far it is pretty good!



An author that I like did a podcast episode that I really want to listen to so I'm going to use it to knock out this prompt.




    I really want to read a graphic novel this month and so I'm going to knock out this prompt too. I don't know which one I'm going to read yet, so I don't have a picture of it. I'm just going to randomly pick one from the new release section when I go to my library's book club. 




    My family and I are going on a family vacation at the end of the month. We have never stayed at the hotel we are going to be staying at. I made sure the room had a jacuzzi when I booked it and some of my plans is to set in it and read a book. That just sounds so relaxing and fun! 

Now let's talk about the books I know I'm for sure reading this month!




 First up we have State of the Union by Brad Thor. It's the 3rd book in his Scot Harvath series. I actually just finished reading this one yesterday and I want to try to put a review up later today if I can.



 Secondly, we have Prodigal Son by Dean Koontz which is the first book in his Frankenstein series. This book has been on my shelf for over a year, so it does also eliminate a prompt in my Ultimate Reading Challenge. I have heard really good things about the series, and I have been wanting to read it for awhile so I was happy when the random number generator I used to pick a book for my back log challenge landed on this one! I started reading it this morning and so far it's not bad.



    Then we have The Happy Wives Club by Fawn Weaver. It's about one woman's world wide search for the secrets of a great marriage. I just thought it sounded really cute when I originally bought it and it will mix things up this month anyway. This is another book I'm glad my number generator picked for me to read this month.

   I have no clue what my new book club is going to decide to read so it will be fun to see what that adds to my TBR. As I also said I don't know what graphic novel I'm going to pick out from the library this month either. I'm interested to see how that's going to go! 

   I know that's a lot of reading plans for March but, it all sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to really dig in and get started! If you have read any of these books please leave your thoughts in the comments! Also, if you like my content please give my blog a like and a follow. That's it for now goodbye everyone! Have a nice day!





















































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co