Skip to main content

My Bookish Life : My January TBR Bookopolly Round 2

             How are you all doing tonight ? I hope you all are having a good night. My day was busy but it's went pretty well and I hope yours has too. I want to get my TBR for January published before the nights over so lets do this! 



1. First up I do want to finish my reread of the first book in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare that I started last month. I was only like 200 pages away from completing that whole TBR so I want to finish it! Plus this book is pretty good!

   Now let's see what Bookopolly has in store for me: 


Roll #1.  : 

          I rolled a 7 this time . I landed on community chest! This space works just like it does in Monopoly. So I draw one of my community chest cards and see what reading prompt I get!


I drew the readers pick card! This time to complete this prompt I will read a book by E.L. Haines that the author sent me since he is also a subscriber to this blog.  For the future though I would love it if you guys could leave me book suggestions to complete this prompt if I draw it again.


Bookopolly  Roll # 2: 

Bookopolly Roll #1 : Carried Away By E.L. Haines . I honestly don't know much about this book but I think it's a zombie story. Hopefully this will be a good one ! Let's roll again !


I rolled an 8 . I landed on add a book so I get to pick a random book to add to this TBR. Plus this roll was also a double 4 so I roll again just like you do in Monopoly. 

Book Pick For roll #2 : 
Jaws by Peter Benchley ! I have seen the movie but I have never read the book. I'm a huge fan of horror so hopefully I will like this one. This is one book where I will actually be really disappointed if I don't end up liking it!

Roll #3 :
This time I rolled a for ( a 3 and a 1 not doubles).  That lands me on Romance!

Bookopolly Pick #3 : 
Dreams of A Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole. This is a book that was given to me a long time ago. Honestly I don't know that much about it I'm just randomly picking it because I don't own a ton of Romance books . I do think this is supposed to be some sort of fantasy romance type of book though so that's why I'm picking it.

Bookopolly Roll #4
I rolled a 7. That puts me on Chance . This works just like the community chest space except I draw a card from the chance pile.

Ok how this card works is I draw a book from the TBR Jar I put together that most of you have seen before. I didn't want to completely get rid of it so I put it in the game!

TBR Jar Pick/ Bookopolly Roll #4:


The Crow Walking Nightmares by Christopher Golden. This is a graphic novel. I love most of the stories in The Crow comic book series so hopefully I will like this one . If you have seen the movie The Crow that stars Brandon Lee that story is from this same series but it follows a different character. 

So that's it for my Bookopolly rolls but now I want to draw my next reading challenge to complete. I'm not going to set this at a one year mark either given how I'm determining my TBR. So lets do this!



   Yes that is this blogs very first TBR jar it is now my reading challenge jar! So lats see what I drew!


I drew the Paperbacks From Hell  Challenge! This is so funny for two reasons! For one I did say I would love to do this challenge when I listed my top 10 books of the year. Secondly , Jaws is one of the books that's part of the challenge.  If you don't know what the Paperbacks From Hell challenge is it's where you read all of the books mentioned in the book Paperbacks From Hell by Grady Hendrix. This should be fun I'm looking forward to this!

That's it for now.  If you enjoy my content please give my blog a follow.  Also if you have read any of these books please leave your thoughts in the comments.  That's it for now and I hope you all have a good night! Talk to you all later!


  

 





 














 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des