Skip to main content

My Bookish Life: Bar and Book Case Tag

                   Hello folks how are you guys? I totally want to have some fun tonight so I want to do what sounds like a totally fun book tag on the blog . The tag I'm doing is the Bar and Book Case book tag . How the tag works is that there are several different alcoholic drinks listed and there is a book prompt to go with every listed drink. This is kind of like a book recommendation list too. 

      Since this post is alcohol related and I want to have some fun tonight I'm also having a drink while I create this post.


     I'm drinking a wine called 19 Crimes. It says it's a 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon. I'm not really a wine drinker so I don't know if this is a red wine or anything like that . I have been wanting to try 19 Crimes for awhile now though because I'm a fan of true crime and all of their wine labels have this augmented reality thing where you can use your phone to scan the label and the guy on the label tells you the true story of the crime he committed. Yes, all of the people on their labels are real people.

So now lets get to the book tag challenge:
1. Drink: An Old Fashioned  Book Prompt = Recommend a Historical Fiction: 


  My pick to fill that prompt is The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris. This is really the only historical fiction book I've read . I just haven't read a lot of that genre yet but, I would like to read more of it. The Tattooist of Auschwitz was a pretty good read though. I would recommend it if you haven't read it yet. It has a lot of hype but, the story is decent.

2. Drink: Side Car= Recommend a book with a strong supporting character.


   My pick for this is The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of The Three by Stephen King. This is one of the best books Stephen King has written and it's the introduction of the character Eddie Dean. He is my favorite side character from any book. He gets a hell of an introduction into the series in this book and he has an overall amazing story and journey in this series. He works his way out of a bad spot and goes on to do some really awesome things. Plus, he has an excellent sense of humor and overall I think he is a really likable character. He may be the best character Stephen King has ever created and he isn't even the main character of this series.

3. Drink: A Manhattan = Recommend A Book Set In New York:

      For this one I'm picking The Basketball Diaries by Jim Carroll . Jim Carroll was an amazing poet and one of my favorite writers and this book is his coming of age story about what it was like to grow up on the streets of New York. It's written in a diary format and he really didn't hold anything back about what it was like to grow up on New York's streets. Heads up though it does talk about drug use and things of that sort.

4. Drink: Bloody Mary= Book That Scared You or Messed You Up


For this one I'm picking The Troop by Nick Cutter. Trigger Warnings for almost everything in this book! It's about a boy scout troop and they visit this island and a contagion type of thing gets set lose. All types of horror follows after that! It's one of the best horror books I've read in a long time. It's just really messed up and disturbing but the story is good too. 

5. Drink: Espresso Martini : Book You Stayed Up Late Reading

    I love true crime and I'm picking Catch Me If You Can by Frank Abagnale for this one. I found his story to be very interesting. I know it was a different time and our tech wasn't as grand as it is today but he was able to commit fraud for a very very long time and at such a young age. It was just fascinating and I stayed up more than a few nights reading it! 

6. Drink: Sazorack : Book That Left You Feeling Disoriented

        For this one I'm picking Lock Every Door by Riley Sager. The book was good over all but, to me it had this dream like feel. Not that that's bad because the book was actually really good! It reads like an 80s' horror movie and I loved that. 

7. Drink : Long Island Iced Tea = Book That Does To Much


           I think for this one I am going to pick Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. The story was good don't get me wrong but, the interview format it's written in made it tough reading at times. It just got a bit confusing is all. Overall it was still a good story though. I would actually recommend it to people who like rock and roll stories even though this one is fictional.

8. Drink: Negroni = Recommend a book with a love triangle
   I don't read a lot of romance so I actually have no idea what to pick for this one. I just don't really encounter love triangles in the books I read. I'm actually stumped here!

9. Drink: Bay Breeze = Recommend a book with good vibes:




       Really anything by Jude Deveraux is a good pick for this one . I know I just said I don't read a lot of romance and I don't but she writes really good really cute romance stories (and some mysteries).  I usually don't like romance but, I do like her stuff.

10. Drink: A Dark and Stormy= Recommend a Dark Thrilling Book:


      My pick for this one is The Institute by Stephen King. I just think the story is rather messed up because of what it's about. Some people kidnap kids and hold them at this Institute to run tests on them because of their mental abilities! While some parts are pretty dark and twisted the story is good overall!

11. Drink: Martini = Recommend a Classic


      I would say anything by Edgar Allan Poe. He is probably my favorite poet the only other poet that comes as close to being my number one favorite as Poe is would be Jack Kerouac. I know they are two totally different artists! For this prompt though I would stick with Poe! I know it's stereotypical but my favorite poem by Poe is probably The Raven!

     That's it for this tag! If you like my content please give my blog a follow . I will be back with a review of Illuminated Poems by Allen Ginsberg . I will talk to you all again soon! Goodbye!





 

 


 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des