Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: Dreams of A Dark Warrior

   Hello everybody! How are you all doing? I have had an alright day myself and I hope all of you have had a good day too. It's actually been a pretty calm day at this house and I managed to do a lot of reading.

  I just finished Dreams of A Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole. As a lot of you know it was part of my April TBR. So now I'm here with my review!


Title: Dreams of A Dark Warrior
Author: Kresley Cole
Genre: Romance/Smut 
Pages: 515
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis: Murdered before he could wed Regin the Radiant, warlord Aidan The Fierce seeks his beloved through eternity, reborn again and again into new identities , yet with no memories of his past lives.

     My thoughts on the book: I read this because I drew the least favorite genre chance card . I'm glad I took the chance because even though romance is my least favorite genre I did like this book. It's story is actually decently good.

    Incase you may not like this type of thing , because a lot of people really don't, one warning is that it does get smutty . I mean like 50 Shades of Grey smutty. With that being said it's also a fantasy romance about beserkers, immortals, vampires, etc. 

    The story also gets fairly dark and messed up at some parts. However, the overall story is pretty easy to get into. It's also pretty fast paced and doesn't really get boring. 

     Something else I liked , is that I liked several of the characters in this book.  At first I hated Chase but, then I ended up really liking him once his full story was told. I also loved Regin as a character ! She is just full of spunk ! The supporting cast of characters are also pretty good too.

  This book is part of a series and I think I want to check out the rest of the series sometime. Overall, this book was a fun read . All of the above reasons is why I give the book 4 stars. I would recommend this book if you like fantasy , romance, or books like 50 Shades of Grey.

That's it for this reading update! I will be back latter tonight with my April Reading Wrap Up. Then, tomorrow I will post my May TBR. If you have read this book please leave your thoughts in the comments . That's it for now I will talk to you all later ! Goodbye!

Facebook link for this blog: link
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des