Skip to main content

My Bookish Life : Children's Spotlight

         Hello and how are you all doing this morning? I hope you are all doing good. I'm having a good morning so far. The kiddo and I did a story time together and that was really fun! I have to go to work here in a little bit but, I want to work on my blog some before I have to go. 

     That being said , I want to finally kick off a segment that I talked to you all about a few weeks ago. It's going to be a children's spotlight where I highlight one of the books kiddo and I read together during the week. I'm going to try to make it a weekly post so it will be up every Friday or pretty close to that. So with that all being said lets get this started!





Title: D.W.'s Library Card
Author : Marc Brown
Genre: Children's
Pages: 32
Rating : 5 stars

Synopsis: D.W. can't wait to get a library card, but she has to learn how to write her name first. She practices and practices, and is finally rewarded with her very own library card . But when she tries to find the book she wants, it's gone! Somehow D.W. manages to wait a whole week for the book to be returned , only to hear that she can't damage it or her library card will be taken away forever!

Mine and kiddo's thoughts on the book: We both loved this one! It held my sons attention and kept him very interested ! I think he wanted the story to keep going !

  I thought the story was very cute. It also does a good job of teaching little kids about getting a library card and how libraries work. It's a really good kids story which isn't surprising because most of the Arthur series is good. 

 The pictures were also very bright and well illustrated . My son seemed to love them ! I just think everything was very cute overall . We had a good time reading it so I have to give it 5 stars! 

  That's it for this reading update. I hope you all enjoyed it ! If you have read this book to your kid leave your thoughts in the comments. Also , if you happen to like my content please give my blog a follow ! That's it for now I hope you all have a good day ! I will talk to you all again later ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co