Skip to main content

My Bookish Life: January TBR

     Hello and how are you guys? I'm doing pretty good and I hope all of you are doing good too. I'm kind of excited because we might be getting a good bit of snow tonight. If that happens and kiddo and I get to play in the snow it will be so much fun!

     Right now though I want to work on my blog and talk about books! I already have my January TBR planned out . I'm going to be reading lots of non-fiction this month. I have felt like learning new stuff recently so that's why I planned a huge non-fiction reading month. I think I have made some interesting picks so lets get started. 



1. Government Bullies: How Everyday American's Are Being Harassed, Abused, and Imprisoned By The Feds
Author: Rand Paul

   I have been wanting to read this one for a bit. Rand Paul wrote one of my favorite books of last year and it made me want to check out some of the others he has written. I have already started reading this one and it's pretty good so far. So far in the book Rand's focus has been on the EPA and telling the stories of people who were wrongfully imprisoned by them. So far I'm finding it to be pretty interesting.



2. Title: The Great Artist: Vincent Van Gogh
Author: Susie Hodge

   Ok so I saw this one on sale at Books-A-Million and I just had to get it. They say don't judge a book by it's cover but, this one is just so beautiful that I had to have it. For the record, I'm also a fan of Van Gogh . I'm looking forward to reading this one I think it will be really really good.



3. Title: Unmasked: Inside Antifa's Radical Plan To Destroy Democracy
Author: Andy Ngo

So this is another one I have been wanting to read for awhile. I like reading about current events because they are interesting. I have heard a lot of good things about this one so hopefully it will be a good one. While I haven't read any of Andy Ngo's stuff I have only heard good things about him as a journalist so I'm looking forward to checking this one .



4. Title: Under The Banner of Heaven
Author: Jon Krakauer

 So this is another book I have been wanting to read for awhile. I have read both Into The Wild and Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer and I loved both books. They left me wanting to read more of his stuff! I happen to love true crime so I thought I would try this one next since it's about some murders.

That's my whole TBR list for the month! Now I want to talk to you guys about doing a weekly children's book spotlight. I read to my kid almost daily so I had this thought that maybe I could pick one children's book each week and review it on this blog too. I thought it would be a good idea but, let me know if you all are interested. 

So, that's my TBR for the month . If you have read any of these books please leave your thoughts in the comments . Also, if you happen to like my content please give my blog a follow. Thanks for reading and I will talk to you all again later . Goodbye!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co