Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: Def Leppard

Title: Def Leppard Arena Rock Band
Author: Laura S. Jeffery
Genre: biography
Pages: 104
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: For these England natives, Hello America was an appropriate song ; telling about a young boy who wanted to visit America. In the early 1980s, Def Leppard got their wish. Read about Def Leppard's history from how they started to various tragedies that would change the band forever. Current members Rick Savage, Joe Elliot, Rick Allen , Phil Collen, and Vivian Campbell still know how to rock!

My Review: The book was ok for what it was. I like wild rock stories and while Def Leppard has some there wasn't any in this book. I can't hold that against the book though because the book is for younger readers and I didn't know that it was when I put it on hold at the library.

    While I feel it focuses heavily on the car accident that took drummer Rick Allen's arm, it does do decently at telling the very basic history of the band. It covers a good bit of the basic info about the band. Plus , it also tells a little bit about the making of some of the album's.

    It wasn't as gritty as I like my rock n roll biographies to be but that's understandable because it's for a younger audience. It did give us the basic history of the band though so that's why I'm giving it a 3 star rating. I know I made the mistake of accidentally putting a book for a young reader on hold but, I wish this story would have been grittier. 

   Reader Question:
I still need a book about the band Poison for my summer concert highlight series. Not a huge fan of Poison so I don't know of there being a book about them or any members. I can't even find one on Amazon so if you know of any leave them in the comments.

     That's it for this reading update! I hope you all have a nice night. If you have read the book leave your thoughts in the comments. Also if you like my content please give my blog a follow. That's it for now talk to you all later! Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co