Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: No Easy Day

    Hello and good morning to you all! How are you guys? I hope you all are having a good morning . I have had a good one so far. It's been pretty productive. I did some reading first thing this morning and then I got a good workout and now I'm working on my blog.  I want to work on my blog a little bit before I go to work because, I have a good review written for you guys. So lets do this !



Title: No Easy Day: The First Hand Account of The Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden
Author: Mark Owen/Matt Bissonnette
Genre: Non-Fiction
Pages:381
Rating: 4 stars

   Synopsis: No Easy Day puts readers alongside Owen and the other handpicked members of the 24 man team as they train for the biggest mission of their lives. The blow-by-blow narrative of the assault begins with the helicopter crash that could have ended Owen's life and goes to all the way after the phone call that confirmed Bin Laden's death. 

My thoughts on the book: This was one of the more interesting books I read this month . I feel like I learned stuff while reading this book and that's a good thing. The author talks a good deal about Navy Seal training and battle tactics and a lot of these things were things I didn't know previously. 

 The author talks a good bit about the Afghanistan war and I found a lot of that to be pretty interesting. For an example I learned that during that war a mandate was passed that made it to where our Seals pretty much can't just sneak into an enemy base and clear it out anymore. I thought all of that was pretty interesting.

   The parts about the actual Bin Laden raid are fast paced and well written. It feels like you are there with the soldiers which is a good thing. It was all pretty vivid and very easy to picture. 

   For the record, I'm well aware that this book has an interesting history . If you don't know what I'm talking about you can google it and read about the court battle and all of that. I did like reading about the books history too.

   So, since I learned a lot and found the book to be pretty interesting I have to give the book 4 stars! I would recommend this book to anybody who likes military history. Also, if you want to learn about war in general you should check this book out.

   That's it for this reading update. If you have read this book please leave your thoughts in the comments so we can discuss it. I will be back soon with a review of The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks and with my June Reading Wrap Up . That's it for now I hope you all have a good day . Talk to you all again later !

Facebook Page For This Blog: Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des