Skip to main content

My Bookish Life: May Reading Wrap Up

   Hello everybody and good morning to you! I hope you guys are doing good . I am doing pretty good so far today. I wanted to go ahead and work on my blog this morning because I do have several things I have to do today. I had a very good reading month in May! I actually finished my TBR for the first time in a long time! I have 4 books to talk about this morning so lets do this !



1. Lets Spend The Night Together: Backstage Secrets of Super Groupies and Muses
Author: Pamela Des Barres
Pages: 400
Genre: Non-fiction
Rating: 3 stars

        My thoughts on the book: This was recommended to me by my friend Mary. I thought it was an ok read. I like rock and roll stories so of course I thought it was ok.  I did get some people mixed up because of how many different people were in it but, the people in it and there stories were interesting. I would be interested in checking out the books some of the people in this book have written!



2. Title: Illuminated Poems
Author: Allen Ginsberg
Genre: Poetry
Pages: 144
Rating: 3 stars

        My thoughts on the book: This was the second book I read last month. It was decent but, it wasn't the best Allen Ginsberg stuff I have ever read. Howl was good and Capital Air was good but, there are very few stand out poems in this collection. I also thought some of the art work by Eric Drooker was a good addition to the book and made it more interesting. 



3.Title: Blue Exorcist
Author: Kazue Kato
Genre: Manga
Pages: 204
Rating: 4 stars

   My thoughts on the book: The third book I read this month is Blue Exorcist by Kazue Kato. It's a pretty good horror manga series . Kazue Kato done a good job as both the writer and artist for the book. The story can get pretty dark at times but, I really like it . You follow the son of Satan on his quest to become an exorcist and kill Satan so it's pretty interesting. 







4. Title: The Silence of The Lambs
Author: Thomas Harris
Genre: Horror
Pages: 367
Rating: 5 stars

My thoughts on the book: Out of the books I read this month this one was my favorite by far. I will say this is a horror classic for a reason. Thomas Harris did a really good job with the story it was very creepy. I had seen the movie before but, I had never read the book and I have to say I think the book was better!

Reading Stats For The Month:
Books Read: 4
Genres Read: 4
Pages Read: 1,115
Average Rating: According to the math it's 3.75

Paperbacks From Hell Challenge Books Read:
1. Jaws by Peter Benchley
2. The Little People by John Christopher 
3. Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin
4. The Silence of The Lambs by Thomas Harris

       That's it for this reading update! I will be back with my June TBR later today. I already played the TBR game and I ended up with a hefty stack this month so wish me luck. I will show you all my game and the results later.  My libraries summer reading program also starts today and I do plan to write an article highlighting it so that's something else I have coming up . If you like my content please subscribe to my blog. Also if you have read any of these books please leave your thoughts in the comments and lets discuss them! That's it for now I will talk to you all again later . I hope you all have a nice day!

Facebook Page For This Blog: Link







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des