Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Graphic Novel Spotlight : Preacher Book Two: Proud American's

                     Hello you guys and gals ! How are all of you doing? I'm doing pretty good . I had a fun day out with my kiddo . We did some shopping for a trip and got lunch . It was a fun day. 

      Now, I want to do some writing for my blog . Which by the way I'm sorry it's taking me longer to get reviews up but, that's because I got a job recently. However, I'm using the money to do things I want to do with my life so there is that. Preacher is one of my favorite comics so hopefully this will be a good review for you guys. With all that being said let's get to this review!

 


Title: Preacher Book Two: Proud American's
Author: Garth Ennis
Artist: Steve Dillon
Genre: Graphic Novel
Pages: 368
Rating: 5 stars

Synopsis: In this volume Jesse Custer, along with his girlfriend Tulip and their Irish vampire friend Cassidy, head west to a party of Babylonian proportions. Then Jesse flies to France to rescue Cassidy from the clutches of religious fanatics. His search leads him into a no-holds-barred battle against the forces of a mysterious organization known as The Grail. 

My thoughts on the book: Ok so this volume is where the story really starts to take off and be full blown Preacher! I love it ! It just goes crazy and it's so fun to read ! 

   First off, you meet some very interesting characters in this volume like Herr Starr and Grandma. Herr Starr is one of the Grail's main leaders and is very hilarious in his own way and also very strange. We also find out some of Jesse Custer's past and that's where we meet his Grandma . I guess you could say that she is a fanatic and maybe even almost like a cult leader. 

  The story in this volume gets really outlandish because for one you start to learn more about Genesis. You get to meet Genesis's dad and learn how it came to be . We go to heaven for that part of the story. There is also Angelville which is in Louisianan and something Jesse has to face as part of his story. Then the Grail comes in and takes Cassidy hostage and holds him as a prisoner in France.   

You learn a lot about why The Grail want possession of Jesse Custer. I am not going to spoil that part but, it's for a pretty interesting reason. I would say what the reason is but, it's a pretty huge part of the story so I will just let readers find out why for themselves. 

  At the end of the volume, you learn some of Cassidy's backstory . It's actually pretty well written. You get to see his war story and how he got turned into a vampire. Then you see how he came to America and you follow him and some friends through a couple of decades.  In my opinion it's a pretty good story!

I love this story and this is one of my favorite volumes! It's very excellently written and it sucks you in. The artwork by Steve Dillon is also beautiful as usual ! For those reasons I am giving this volume 5 stars! Love it ! It's amazing ! I would recommend it to anybody who has a wicked sense of humor and doesn't offend easily!

That's it for this reading update ! My next review will be for We Have Always Lived In The Castle by Shirley Jackson. I'm looking forward to starting that one ! If you have read Preacher please leave your thoughts in the comments so we can discuss it! Also, if you happen to like my content please give my blog a follow ! That's it for now I will talk to you all again soon . I hope you all have a good evening.

Facebook Page For This Blog: Link



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co