Skip to main content

My Bookish Life: My Yearly Top 10 !

      Hello everybody! How are you guys doing? I hope you are having a good time. I'm having a few drinks and I'm trying to chill. Life has been a little stressful, so I want to have a good time tonight. I have had an ale, a shot of Salted Caramel Ole Smokey, and some Budweiser. Now I want to talk books while I finish my Budweiser. 

 Before we get into the books though I want to take a few minutes to show off some awesome car coasters my friend Courtney made me for Christmas.



I think she did an absolutely awesome job of making these! They are just so cute! If you like these and want to check out her stuff go to: The Craft Closet | Chatsworth GA | Facebook .

Now let's talk about the books! Even though this list is numbered the books aren't really in a certain order because I loved them all. I hope you enjoy reading this article!



10. Title: The Great Artists: Vincent van Gogh
Author: Susie Hodges
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 90

My thoughts on the book: I really liked this one! Vincent van Gogh is one of my favorite artists and I learned some things about him I didn't know through this book. I also think this book is very beautifully designed. This cover is absolutely beautiful.


9. Title: White
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 272

    My thoughts on the book: I love Bret Easton Ellis's writing. He is one of my favorite writers! One of the things that makes me like his writing is that he doesn't give a shit if you like him or not. That and his snark really shine in this book. I also happen to agree with a lot of the points he makes about our current culture in this book.


8. Title: The Lions of Lucerne
Author: Brad Thor
Genre: Fiction
Pages: This was a really good read! It was a reread for me and it's the first book in the Scot Harvath book series. I have read several books in the Scot Harvath series and I love them all. These are thriller/mystery type reads and you follow a secret service agent through different missions and things like that. I would recommend this to people who like Tom Clancy. 




7. Title: The First 21
Author: Nikki Sixx
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 205

    I thought this book was pretty good. It's Nikki Sixx talking about his childhood and young adult years and how he became Nikki Sixx. I happen to love rock and roll stories and I really liked this one!



6. Title: Tommy Land
Author: Tommy Lee
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 269

  Yes there is another music book on this list  and this want be the last one either. This was another reread for me. I love reading this book it's a fun experience for me every time I read it. This book is hilarious and very high energy. It captures Tommy Lee very well I highly recommend it if you are a fan.



5. Title: Long Live The Pumpkin Queen
Author: Shea Ernshaw
Genre: YA
Pages: 315

This was one of my most anticipated books of the year because it's a sequel to a Nightmare Before Christmas. I liked the story and thought it was ok . My only problem with it was that I though some of it was very predictable. Other than that the book is a pretty good one.





4. Title: Government Bullies : How Everyday Americans Are Being Harassed, Abused, and Imprisoned By The Feds
Author: Rand Paul
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 280

I found this book to be really interesting and though provoking. It's crazy some of the things our government gets away with doing to people. If you want to be mad at our government read this book!


3. Title: Fairy Tale
Author: Stephen King
Genre: Fiction
Pages: 608

As is the norm with Stephen King I really liked this book! He is my favorite author though so that's really not a surprise. I thought he did a really good job with the world building and the characters in this one. I would recommend it if you are a fan of his Dark Tower series.



2. Title: My Best Friends Exorcism
Author: Grady Hendrix
Genre: Horror
Pages: 332

    Grady Hendrix has sort of recently became another favorite author of mine. I like his writing style and his sense of humor. I'm a huge fan of 80s' horror movies and this book reads like an 80s' horror movie. If you like movies like that you might want to check out this book.



1. Title: Nothin But A Good Time
Author: Tom Beaujour
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 535

I'm a huge fan of 80s' rock n roll if you haven't guessed that by now. I also love reading rock n roll stories. I just find it's history interesting and fun to read . If you like 80s' rock you should check this check this book out. 

   So that's it for my yearly top 10. As I stated previously even though I numbered the books I liked them all pretty much the same and this list was in no particular order. If you have read any of these books please leave your thoughts in thoughts in the comments section so we can discuss them. 

If you happen to like my content please give my blog a follow. I hope you all enjoyed reading this. Happy New Years to you all! I will talk to you all again soon!
 


 





 






-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: Carried Away

                    Hello you guys! How are you all? I hope everybody is having a good day! The kiddo woke up at about mid-night last night and never really went back to sleep so I am exhausted . Not to mention it's been a long day house work and going to the gym. Hopefully he sleeps all night tonight!                With that being said though I do want to get this book review done today . Kiddo is watching Blue's Clues so I am going to try to get this up while he is being good. Let's get to the book shall we? Title: Carried Away: A Kairotic Story Author: E.L. Haines Genre: YA Horror with some comedy Pages: 169 Rating: 4 Stars Synopsis: In the midst of a deadly global disease, sometimes it's hard to say which is worse: the pandemic or the pandemonium.                      Sparrow is visiting Italy, just trying to enjoy a decent pizza, when the locals start dropping dead from a mysterious disorder. Soon he is caught up in rampant rumors, a panicking population, and a co