Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review : Gwendy's Button Box

     Hello and how are you all doing? I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Mine was pretty good. My house exchanged gifts this morning and then the three of us went to my in-laws for lunch and another gift exchange . The food was really good and we all had fun. After that we came home and rested a little bit and my husband put a prime rib on the smoker for our Christmas dinner and the kiddo and I went to my mom's for a gift exchange. Pretty much my whole family came so that was fun! I ended the day by reading a Blue's Clues Christmas story to my kiddo which was really nice!

     Now, the day is ending and I'm relaxing so I want to post a book review that I have been meaning to post for a few days now. I have me some almond milk and I want to talk books ! Let's do this!



Title: Gwendy's Button Box
Authors: Stephen King & Richard Chizmar
Genre: YA
Pages: 171
Rating: 5 stars!

Synopsis: There are three ways up to Castle View from the town Castle Rock: Route 117, Pleasant Road and the Suicide Stairs . Every day in the summer of 1974 twelve-year-old Gwendy Peterson has taken the stairs, which are held by strong iron bolts and zig-zag up the cliff side. 

  One day a stranger calls to Gwendy: " Hey, girl. Come on over here for a bit. We ought to palaver, you and me." 

  On a bench sits a man in black jeans, a black suit coat , and a white shirt unbuttoned at the top . On his head is a small black hat. The time will come when Gwendy will have nightmares about that hat. 

My thoughts on the book: I absolutely loved this one ! It was well paced and very enjoyable .I read most of this one in a day. The story just flies by! 

I like that you follow a young girl from the time she is 12 all the way up to her being an adult. She is having to I guess you would say protect this very mysterious box. This mysterious box is very powerful so it wouldn't do for the wrong person to get a hold of it. For example there is a button on the box that does anything the user wants. The trick is that the buttons can only be used once and I don't think what's done can be undone. 

I really want to read parts two and three now! It was just so good! I would recommend it to anybody who likes fantasy types of stories. It sucked me right in from the start! I'm so curious what two and three are like I want to read them right now! 

  The above reasons are why I'm giving the book 5 stars! Like I said, I read most of it in a day because I couldn't put it down ! I would recommend this if you are looking for a quick fun read ! 

I have actually finished my posted TBR for this month. I have started reading another book for a secret review I'm going to do. I'm almost done with it so I will have a review up for it in a few days . I want to say it will probably be up by Wednesday. 

That's it for this reading update! If you have read this book please leave your thoughts in the comments ! Also, if you happen to like my content please give my blog a follow. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas ! I will talk to you all again soon . Goodbye for now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Reviews and Reading Updates

        Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good afternoon. I have had a pretty calm Sunday myself! We all stayed at home which was peaceful!     So I have a few reading updates for you guys and more than one book review this time! I hope you guys enjoy reading this article because it is going to be a pretty long one. With that being said, let's get started! Title: The Nightmare Before Christmas : The Battle For Pumpkin King Author: Dan Conner Genre: Manga Pages: 128 Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Years ago, Jack and Oogie Boogie were close friends. Both eager to prove themselves, they poured all of their passion into their fantastical projects to earn their rightful place as the scariest duo in town! But there could only be one Pumpkin King! What could have turned to such great friends into bitter rivals? My thoughts on the book: This book was ok . It's illustrations are really good and the story is decent. It was nice to be reading a manga again because it'