Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: Good Omens

            Hello everybody! How are you all doing tonight ? I hope you all are having a goodnight ! I'm having a pretty good time tonight !

           I finally finished Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman. I want to hopefully get this review up tonight . Let's just go ahead and get started shall we! 



Title: Good Omens
Authors : Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman
Genre: Fantasy 
Pages: 491
Rating: 4 stars

        Synopsis: People have been predicting the end of the world almost from its very beginning, so it’s only natural to be sceptical when a new date is set for Judgement Day. But what if, for once, the predictions are right, and the apocalypse really is due to arrive next Saturday, just after tea?

     You could spend the time left drowning your sorrows, giving away all your possessions in preparation for the rapture, or laughing it off as (hopefully) just another hoax. Or you could just try to do something about it.

     It’s a predicament that Aziraphale, a somewhat fussy angel, and Crowley, a fast-living demon now finds themselves in. They’ve been living amongst Earth’s mortals since The Beginning and, truth be told, have grown rather fond of the lifestyle and, in all honesty, are not actually looking forward to the coming Apocalypse.

And then there’s the small matter that someone appears to have misplaced the Antichrist…


                My thoughts on the book: I really liked this book ! I loved the sense of humor that was in this book . I've read that it's part of the disc world series by Terry Pratchett and it makes me want to checkout more of the series because this book was pretty good. 

       Neil Gaiman is actually one of my favorite authors . I really liked his Sandman comic book series. I haven't read any other Terry Pratchett books yet but I want to now. My favorite character in this book was most likely Crowley. I just found him the most interesting. 

         However,  Aziraphale was also a really good character. He added a good bit of humor to what is an outlandish story and I mean outlandish in a good way. All the characters are very unique though. 

       Another good thing about this story is that because of world and character building this is a detailed story that's very easy to get into. It has really good writing that makes the characters and places alike both likeable and interesting.  All of the above reasons are why I'm giving this book 4 stars !

       That's it for this review ! If you like my content please give my blog a follow! I have started reading Filthy Rich: The Billionares Sex Scandal by James Patterson . I will have a review up within a few days I think . That's it for now I hope you all have a good night . I will talk to you all again soon!

Facebook Group for this blog: Link
Amazon Wishlist : Link



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des