Skip to main content

My Bookish Life Book Review: Guitar World Presents: Rock In Peace

                                Hello everybody! How are you all this afternoon? I hope you guys are good.  I have had a busy day that could've been better honestly. With that being said I'm finally done with everything so I want to get this book review up for you all!

      

     Title: Guitar World Presents: Rock In Peace
     Author: Guitar World
     Genre: Non-fiction
     Pages : 159
    Rating: 3 stars

     Synopsis: Guitar World pays tribute to some of music's greatest guitarists.

    My thoughts on the book: I think this book was ok . I liked it. If you like reading about music and it's history you may like this too. It's only 159 pages so it's not a long read either. I will warn you that some very bad things happened to some of these people so it can be some what dark. It's just some of these people had deaths that were graphic in nature and they are mentioned in this.

              This book did an ok job of summarizing the careers some of these people had. I learned some stuff I didn't know like for example how Jimi Hendrix was targeted by the Black Panthers. Several of these guitarist had careers that lasted 3 decades or longer so I can't imagine summing some of the careers up in 5-6 pages was an easy task. I also liked that I actually discovered some new guitarist that I want to check out. 

       Another thing I like about this book is it's design , I have to say it's really really nice. I think the cover is glossy and beautiful . Then I really like the layout on the inside too . Plus, the photos in the book that go along with every piece are very lovely .

        All in all it's not a bad book. It did a good job of talking about the players and the music. The book is an easy read and it is beautifully designed and all of the above is why I'm giving the book 3 stars.  If you are a fan of music of any genre you may want to check this out. 

     That's it for now! I hope you all have a good evening . Also, expect a reading stats post for the year from me tomorrow. Then hopefully I will be publishing my top 10 books of the year sometime next week. Besides all of that I'm also going to try to make all my posts look somewhat Christmassy for the rest of the month. Since they have officially started I do hope you all have had a happy Holliday season so far. If you like my content please give my blog a follow. I will talk to you all again soon ! Bye!

Facebook Page For This Blog: Link
Amazon Wishlist: Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des