Skip to main content

My Bookish Life : Yearly Reading stats !



                Hello guys ! How are all of you? I hope you are having a good day! I have been very busy today. I had to finish making my husbands Christmas present which I think he is going to love and the shirt I'm going to be wearing to see the Christmas lights , and the parade, and to Christmas dinner. The shirt turned out super cute I think !



So now that I have all of that done I can come and post the reading stats article I told you all about yesterday. I think there was a lot to cover this year so if you are interested this read may take a minute. So without further delay lets get to them! 

Reading Stats For The Year:
Books Read: 40
Genres Read : 9
Horror: 6
Biography: 5
Fiction: 5
Non-fiction: 5
Fantasy: 6
Graphic Novel: 9
Young Adult: 1
Classic: 2
Children's :1 (yes I've read more to my kiddo I'm just talking about books for my blog here)

Pages Read: 12,482 
 Books that were gifted to me that I read : 5 ( Good Omens was gifted to me and I'm currently reading it so 6 if you want to count that even though I'm not done reading it).

Books I Already owned : 18
Audio Books : 1 (2 if you want to count Tell All by Chuck Palahniuk that I'm currently listening to but haven't finished yet)
Library Books : 11 ( I wanted to use them more but had problems because of Covid and shutdowns.)
Kindle Books : 4
Borrowed: 1 (from a family member)

My Average Book Rating This Year: 4 stars
      Did I Meet My Goodreads Goal for the year: No, my goal was 51 books and so far I have read 40. I will have finished Good Omens by the the end of the year and Tell All too but , I'm almost positive I want make it to 51. So Goodreads has defeated me this year. Hopefully, I will knock it out next year.  

          So, that's it for this update. I'm currently reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett and listening to Tell All by Chuck Palahniuk so expect reviews on those soon. Leave your own reading stats in the comments and lets discuss them . Have you had a good reading year or a bad one ? Also, my top 10 books of the year will be out next week . This list has been harder to decide on than I thought it was going to be . I hope you all have a good evening I will talk to you all again soon!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des