Skip to main content

My Bookish Life: December TBR Bookopoly #2

                   Hello everybody! I hope you all are having a good morning . I'm taking a break from house stuff today but I wanted to get my December TBR published. I think I will also take some time today to start figuring out my reading stats for the year and my top 10 books of the year so those will be post you all can look forward to seeing on this blog. So lets get started with this Bookopoly round!

             

        Ok so my game piece is still on the space where I stopped last time just so you know. My first roll is a 10. 
        That landed me on Chance. The chance cards are cards that have both good and bad reading prompts on them. The stack is about 50/50 so that's why it's called Chance. So lets see what kind I draw! 


    I drew a good one! Favorite Genre means I get to pick a book from one of my favorite genres . I know it's pretty self explanatory right? I think I have the perfect book for this and it is one that was gifted to me here recently! 

Bookopoly Pick #1 
        Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman  . My Aunt Wanda gave me this lovely edition of Good Omens here recently. It's very pretty looking ! I haven't read this book but I did watch the prime series and I liked that. Plus, I happen to love Neil Gaiman's writing and Fantasy is one of my favorite genres! 

   Roll #2

 

         My second roll was a nine ! That landed me on Readathon. How that space works is if I land on it I have to try to participate in a Readathon that month. I looked and I found out there is something called Hypeathon happening this month . That's simply a readathon where you read a book that has a lot pf hype around it. The book that comes to mind when I think of that might be stretching things a little bit but I think it still counts.






Bookopoly Pick #2: Filthy Rich : The Billionaire's Sex Scandal By James Patterson  . So this is the book I will be reading for Hypeathon . I know that's stretching things a bit because some of the reason for the hype is because it's about a current and on going news story but that's one reason why I really do want to get to it soon. 

Roll Number 3:



        This time I rolled a six. Also, just like in Monopoly when you roll doubles you have to roll again. After I see what this landed me on I will be taking a 4th roll. 

            

      So that six landed me on Young Adult and I have a good pick in mind for this one too.


        

Bookopoly Roll #3 : The Mortal Instruments series #1 : City of Bones by Cassandra Clare . This is a book I have read before so this would be a reread . However, I think I read books one and two of the series and then didn't finish the series and I have been curious about how it ended recently . I want to reread books one and two before I go any further in the series so that's why I'm picking this one!

Roll #4


Roll 4 was another double and it was an eight . That landed me on History . 
       When I made this board I was hoping my library would be staying open but they completely shutdown again here recently . Because of that I'm going to have to stretch my pick here a little bit and hopefully I will be able to find another way to do this in the future . 

  
           Bookopoly Pick #4 Guitar World Presents: Rock In Peace . How, I'm stretching things to make this fit is because I'm going to consider this book music history . I intended for that space to be used for just like history history but I don't have books about history I was going to use my library when I landed on that space. Since they shut back down I'm going to have to stretch it and go with music history for now and try to figure out another way to do things in the future. Also, since that was another double I have to roll again! 


            This roll was an eleven. So lets see where that lands me. 

       Ok I landed on Go To Jail. This Bookopoly round is about to get really interesting! 


     So how the In Jail space works is I have to read a punishment book. This is why I was asking you all to recommend me the worst books you have ever read. Since I still don't have any recommendations for this round I will just go with the lowest rated book on my Goodreads TBR. 

Bookopoly Roll #5
        The lowest rated book on my Goodreads that I could get ahold of soon is Tell-All by Chuck Palahniuk . It's the audio version so I can't get a picture of it . I borrowed it through the Libby app which may be my work around for when I land on spaces like history in the future . 

     So I think my December TBR is going to go like this:
1. Guitar World Presents : Rock In Peace ( I want a palate cleanser first since I just finished rereading The Dark Tower series)
2. Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
3. Filthy Rich: The Billionaires Sex Scandal by James Patterson
4. The Mortal Instruments #1 by Cassandra Clare
5. Tell-All by Chuck Palahniuk on audio

Blog update: 
     I have ordered a new phone . It takes way better pictures than the phone I have so look forward to seeing those soon. I'm excited I can't wait for that!

    That's it for this blog update! If you like my content please subscribe to my blog. If you have read any of these books please leave your thoughts in the comments. I hope you all have a nice day and I will talk to you all again soon!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Radium Girls

   Hello and how are you all doing today? I hope all of you are having a good day. I am having a pretty good day so far. My husband and I went out and had some fun early this morning. We just spent the morning out in town which I enjoyed!   Now I want to do some blogging. I know it's been a while since I done any and I am hoping I can get it all caught up this weekend. I actually have a couple of book reviews to do. So, it's going to be a jam packed weekend!    With that being said let's get this started! I think this first one will be a good one because the book was really interesting! So, I hope you all enjoy the read! Title: The Radium Girls Author: Kate Moore Genre: Non-fiction Pages: 352 Rating: 5 stars Synopsis: Amidist the excitement of the early 20th century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials for troops overseas using glow in the dark paint that contained radium. They were well paid and considered themselves lucky- until they

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Maid

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you are all doing good! I've had a pretty good weekend so far. My husband and I went on a date yesterday and that was really nice! We went to this new cantina that's in town and they had really good food!         Now this morning I'm relaxing and I want to talk books with you guys! I'm about to make some coffee and then I will be ready to rock this review. Alright I'm back with my coffee so let's do this!  Title: The Maid Author: Nita Prose Pages: 304 Genre: Thriller/Mystery Rating: 3 stars Synopsis: Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and has trouble reading other peoples intentions. Her Gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules for Molly to live by. Since Gran died a few months ago 25-year-old Molly has been navigating life's complexities all by herself. She throws herself with gusto into her work as a hotel maid. Her unique character, along with her

My Bookish Life Book Review: The Last Thing He Told Me

       Hello and how are you guys? I hope you all are having a good day! Mine has been pretty good so far. I know it's been a while since I have talked to you guys but, I have just been really busy with a lot of life changes. First off, I passed my exam to become a certified personal trainer! I have found a job doing that that I'm going to start next week. Secondly, my son was officially diagnosed with autism a few days ago. That wasn't really a surprise though because we have suspected that for a while now. So yeah my life has been crazy lately!      I have some quite time now so I'm having coffee and I want to talk about books! I have been meaning to do this review for a minute and I'm just looking forward to blogging again! So here we go lets do this. Title: The Last Thing He Told Me Author: Laura Dave Genre: Thriller Pages: 320 Rating: 1 star Synopsis: Before Owen Michaels disappears, he manages to smuggle a note to his beloved wife of one year: Protect Her. Des